To enhance Dulwich's unique character by actively encouraging the highest quality in the built environment and opposing inappropriate development whether individual houses, extensions, hard standings, road signs or fly posting. In doing so the Group recognises that residents' life styles vary and that growth and change are positive forces for the future.
The Group's Activities:
- Monitors all planning applications on the Dulwich Estate and those in Southwark and Lambeth which affect Dulwich.
- Supports the Dulwich Estate in the application of their guidelines and criticises when they depart from them.
- Works in conjunction with the traffic and trees committees to secure a co-ordinated response to any development proposals.
- Encourages contemporary design where appropriate.
- Encourages home owners to use talented architects.
- Assists Society members in objecting to inappropriate development proposals.
- Actively encourages a wide range of retail activity in Dulwich Village, West Dulwich and Herne Hill.
The Group holds monthly meetings to review applications.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 21 March 2012 02:28