The Society's Traffic and Transport Committee's aims are:
- Local motorists getting around easily
- Less danger, pollution and intrusion of car and lorry traffic, especially commuter traffic through our area
- Safer and more pleasant walking and cycling
- More reliable buses and trains
- Safer routes to train stations and station improvements
- Safer routes to schools
- Traffic calming in residential areas
Current issues include:
- Dulwich Village cross roads. A pedestrian phase is needed.
- North Dulwich station. Needs better frontage and more convenient bus stops
- Safer cycle lanes
- Alleyn Park north
- School journeys - we want a network of safer routes for walking and cycling to school. At present 80% of pupils to the Foundation schools come by car.
The Committee meets about quarterly, with follow up action between meetings. We are always pleased to welcome new members and to hear from Society members who have concerns about traffic and Transport issues. Please telephone Alastair Hanton on 020 8693 2618 in the first instance.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 21 March 2012 02:28