TRIER, Frank born 1853. Civil engineer. He lived at 6 Champion Hill and was a member of the district’s ‘German colony’. As a member of the London County Council, he was instrumental in securing much of the former Saunders estate on Denmark Hill as a public park, instead of being redeveloped for housing. It opened as Ruskin Park in 1907.
In 1907 he proposed the development of part of the Casino House estate on similar lines to those of a Garden City, a proposal that was eventually carried out after World War One.
Brian Green and Bernard Nurse