WILLIAMS, Sir (William) Thomas 1915-1986. MP and judge. Born in Aberdare, he was educated at University College, Cardiff, St Catherine’s College, Oxford and Lincoln’s Inn where he took his bar finals. A Baptist minister during World War Two, he became a chaplain in the RAF and from 1946-49 taught at the non-conformist Manchester College, Oxford. For the following thirty years however, he followed the dual careers of politics and the law. He served as the Labour Member of Parliament for Hammersmith South then Baron’s Court from 1949-59, and for Warrington from 1961-81, most of the time sitting on committees as a back bencher. He was one of only two British Presidents of the World Council of the Inter-Parliamentary Union. He was made a Queen’s Counsel in 1964, knighted in 1976 and became a circuit judge in 1981. He lived for a long time at various addresses in Dulwich, including Dulwich Wood Park where he died in 1986.