Now the name given to part of the development on the west side of Croxted Road which includes Pymers Mead and Perifield, Cokers was originally a collection of several fields, about 46 acres in all, occupying the sites of the various Sports Grounds on the south side of Dulwich Common. The original name of Cokers was last mentioned in 1725, until its modern revival.