Named in 1968, Courtmead Close is near the northern end of Burbage Road, on the east side. Earlier, 11 copyhold acres near Cortemede, held by the Ode family for a century, are first mentioned in 1471. Court Mead (measured as 10 acres in 1605) lay on the west side of Gallery Road, next to both Gilcot Lands and Croxted Lane, and was later incorporated into the grounds of ‘Belair’.