Named in 1960 but the first mention of the name is in 1626, recording a sale by Edward Alleyn to William Sewer of the woods, underwoods, trees & bushes in Gileses Coppice. Further such sales are recorded more or less regularly every ten years until 1695, shortly after which date the name ceased to be used and we can guess that Lapse Wood was extended to include it. The modern road extends south from Kingswood Drive, stopping just short of Dulwich Wood Park.