This small development in Alleyn Park was named in 1970. The original field called Morkyns may have been named after Reginald, Richard, Robert, or Roger Morkyn, all of whom figure in the manorial Court Rolls between 1333 and 1335, but more probably after Roger Morkyn, who alone survived until 1376 (and perhaps longer). It comprised ‘a tenement & 17 acres called Morkynes’ and judging by one or two references cannot have been far from the present Half Moon Lane.